1. I was (awfully) sorry to hear that + 句子 (your team lost the game.)
2. I was shocked to hear of + sth. (your failure in the exam.)
3. I’m writing to tell you how sorry I am to hear about sth. (your loss …)
4. Knowing your situation, I feel terribly sorry about sth.…
1. I quiet understand how you feel now，but ...
2. You have devoted yourself to ...
3. But as we all know, it is extremely difficult to do ...
4. To prepare ... , you have made every effort.
5. It’s not your fault to do ...
1. If there is anything you need me to do, don’t hesitate to let me know.
2. If I can do anything for you, do let me know.
3. Remember, we won’t be far away if you need any help!
4. I hope you can find my encouragement helpful. Best wishes.
I was very sorry to hear that your team lost the basketball match last weekend. It’s understandable for you to be in a bad mood. However, if you can adopt different perspectives, the loss may be a blessing.
First, it’s normal to lose in a basketball match, for you can either win or lose. If you’ve tried your best, why not lift your spirits to face up to（直面）the result? Anyway, the essence of competition lies not in victory but in participation. Besides, you can also benefit from your loss by figuring out your strengths and weaknesses. Therefore, if your team endeavors to rise above（克服、战胜）the disadvantages, you will win sooner or later.
I hope you can find my encouragement helpful. Best wishes.
Dear Wang Pin,
Knowing that you are delayed in Wuhan, I am really getting upset about it. So are ourclassmates. I'm writing to convey our concern to you on behalf of the class.
Words came that Wuhan was in bad condition due to the spreading of novel coronavirus. However, dear friend, there's no sense worrying about it too much. You are supposed to stay optimistic. After all, you merely have a bit of fever. College Entrance Examination is around the corner, you know. So precious is time that we can't afford to waste it. As scheduled, our online class will be held on Feb. 8. All of the classmates have access to the Internet courses wherever you are. It is convenient for us to study, isn't it? Is there anything I can do for you? Feel free to contact me.
I sincerely expect that you can make a quick recovery and return to normal.